Welcome to Skincare Diaries!
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Robert, and I am a skincare enthusiast/aficionado. I’m OBSESSED with skincare!
How did it all begin?
- It all started during my teen and early adolescent years when I struggled with my skin the most. Even into early adulthood, I always had blemish/acne-prone skin.
- It was pretty bad to the point where my entire face would flare up and get red all over with blemishes, zits, and more. I remember always being self-conscious about my skin and having low self-esteem because of it.
- That’s where my obsession with skincare comes in!
Trials and Tribulations
- You see, back then I didn’t know what I know now about skincare. I tried everything back then to get my skin to where I want it to be.
- I tried proactiv, it was all the rage by then, and it worked somewhat. but only when I used it consistently. I tried going to a dermatologist and getting professional help, I was put on acne medication and it worked temporarily but only while I used the medication consistently.
- Frustrated that my skin was not improving as quickly as I wanted to, I realized that I had not been properly taking care of my skin.
- This was when I realized that no matter what I tried, it would never work unless I followed through consistently. When I had this epiphany, I started to do my research on skincare.
- I slowly began learning more about skincare and trying to see what I needed to do to get glowing skin.
My Skin Now
- Now well into my early 30’s, I have learned how to perfect my skincare routine to the point where I (mostly) have glowing and healthy skin just by taking proper care of it and following a strict skincare routine.
- Learning about skincare was not easy. In fact, when I first got into skincare about 4 years ago, I realized that skincare was not really as popular as I thought.
- There wasn’t really a market for skincare. This is why I decided to look into skincare myself, research my own products and what my skin needs, and it took me these past 4 years to perfect my skin to the point where it is at today.
Do you struggle with your skin?
Do you want to perfect your skincare routine?
Do you want to preserve your skin to keep it looking as youthful as possible?
- This is where the skincare diaries comes in… the skincare diaries is a blog where I share with you my experience with skincare and my goal is to help others by educating them on skincare as well as learning together as this community grows.
- I became obsessed with skincare roughly 3-4 years ago so I have experience with a lot of products from k-beauty, clean skincare, and many other popular products ranging anywhere from Tatcha to LaMer.
- Over these past few years, I’ve tried a lot of products and I’m ready to share my experience with you hoping to get you inspired and invested in perfecting your skin.
What is currently in my skincare routine?
- I’ll go more into depth about my current skincare routine in a dedicated blog post, however, I will mention a few of my favorite brands I’m currently using: Youth to The People, Tatcha, Caudalie, Fenty Skin (yes, I’m trying it out,lol), Dr. Dennis Gross, just to name a few.
- There are many other products I use that I will share with you soon, such as electronic devices (like Foreo) that I love to use.
- Love the skin you’re in!
- It’s so important to not only love yourself but also to love the skin you are in. Don’t forget to be kind to yourself and be kind to your skin. I look forward to learning and growing with you all and I hope you enjoy this journey.
Be Kind to Your Skin,
The Skincare Diaries
Check out some products I love: