Best Anti-Aging Skincare Routine- Reducing Fine Lines and Wrinkles
The double cleansing method.
- Step One: Find a cleanser that works for you.
- If you wear makeup or sun screen, try double cleansing.
- For Double Cleansing, you want to find an oil or cleansing balm for your first cleanse.
- This will remove makeup or sunscreen and any impurities that your skin may have.
- One common misconception about oil-based cleansers is that cleansing balms containing oil are bad for oily skin. This is not the case, on the contrary, oil is actually good for oily skin because it helps to balance the moisture of the skin and provides hydration.
- Without getting into too much detail, just wanted to clear that up because I thought the same thing before learning more. Alright, now that you chose your favorite cleansing balm, let’s move onto your second cleanse.
- Some cleansing balms I love are the Sunday Riley Blue Moon or the Eve Lom cleansing balm. I have also heard great things about And Then I Met You’s cleansing balm and it’s on my radar but it is not something I have personally tried (Just giving you a sneak peek into my next obsession, k beauty.)
- The second cleanse can be anything from a gel cleanser to a foaming cleanser, honestly cleansers vary on skin type but for oily skin I would recommend the Tatcha The Deep Cleanse.
- Another good one is the spinach, kale, and vitamins cleanser by Youth of the People Kale Superfood Cleanser with green tea and spinach, (YTP).
- I also do love the new fenty skin “cleans’r”. I know a lot of you are wondering if fenty skin is worth it.
- It’s still too soon for me to say but I will do a full review once I’ve used the products long enough to be able to give my honest review, but spoiler alert, LOVE the cleans’r, yaassss Rihh!
Pro Tip: For a thorough and deep cleanse, that gets down deep into your pores removing all impurities and leaving skin clean and refreshed, try using an electric cleansing device like a Clarisonic or a Foreo. My personal favorite, is the Foreo Luna 3, but you can never go wrong with a Clarisonic.
- The next step in my skin care routine is to exfoliate, and I do so by using exfoliating pads.
- Specifically, I use the Dr. Dennis Gross extra strength aha beta peel exfoliating pads. A patented two-step anti-aging AHA/BHA peel pad pre-dosed with seven acids to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, pores, and shine.
- Suitable for the following skin types: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily.
Thayer’s Rose Water Witch Hazel Mist
- This gentle toner is developed to cleanse, tone, moisturize, and balance the pH level of the skin.
- In addition to containing pore-cleansing Rose Water and certified organic Aloe Vera, this unique, proprietary blend also contains certified organic, non-distilled Witch Hazel and helps to bring about a natural glow.
- Keep in mind, I don’t use this mist as a toner, I just use it as a mist. I’ll explain the differences in a later post.
- My favorite toner these past couple of years has been the Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Toner.
- A pore-diminishing toner powered by 100 percent natural salicylic acid to control oil and diminish the appearance of future blackheads and breakouts.
- Absolutely LOVE their toner, also LOVE their beauty elixir and their grape water mist but I’ve run out of both, SO GOOD, LOVEEEE caudalie.
- Loved them before but even more so now with their vinopure line that keeps my skin looking so good! You’ll see why in the serums.
- Essence’s you either love or hate, and I just love them! I’ve tried all kinds from Missha’s Time Revolution to SKII’s Facial Treatment Essence but I feel as though my tatcha essence is the best of both of these.
- Tatcha’s The Essence Plumping Skin Softener is by far my favorite essence.
- My skin absolutely loves it and it soaks right in. I like to think of skincare as feeding your skin and giving your skin all the right nutrients and vitamins that your skin needs.
- Well, this essence gives you everything you need and so much more! Not only does it prevent blemishes and brightens your skin but the anti-aging properties are really why you would LOVE their essence.
- A resurfacing softener of 98.7 percent pure anti aging Japanese super foods that makes all skin care work better. Solutions for: dullness and uneven texture, fine lines and wrinkles, and dryness.
Fenty Skin’s Fat Water Essence/Serum Hybrid.
- A 2-in-1 toner-serum combo that targets pores, improves the look of dark spots, brightens, smooths, and fights shine—all without stripping skin.
- This is new to my skincare routine, by Fenty Skin. I will review this in depth in a later post, however I will say my skin is LOVING it so far.
- It soaks right into my skin and gives it all the TLC my skin needs. In fact, it feels so luxurious as I’m massaging it into my skin because the consistency is not as watery as a toner but not as thick as a serum either, this hybrid is the best of both worlds and I’m in love!
Targeted Treatments: Serums.
- Think of serums as your problem solver.
- Choosing a serum to use is going to be unique to your own skin’s needs because we all have different skin types.
- However, I have oily skin and have found that the following serums have worked well for me and I have been using them consistently for the past couple of years and have seen amazing results.
- Want to know which serums give me glowing skin? Keep reading!
- Caudalie’s Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum.
- This truly works! A pore-diminishing gel serum powered by 100 percent natural salicylic acid to address blackheads, pores, breakouts, and excess oil.
- I’ve used it ever since this line came out a couple years ago, and my skin instantly LOVED it! I mentioned how much I love their toner; well this serum is the perfect step after your toner.
- Anytime I have any irritation with my skin or any blemishes, I just use this serum and a couple days later, my skin bounces back to life! I highly recommend this for anyone with oily to combination skin.
- Tatcha’s Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA. A 20 percent vitamin C and 10 percent AHA serum with pure ingredients and gentle strength that helps soften, smooth, and brighten for more radiant, even-toned skin.
- This is another favorite of mine that I’ve also been using since the product first came out.
- Tatcha’s Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum is next. After I’m done massaging my serums into my skin, sometimes I like to use my Foreo Luna 3 or my Foreo Iris to massage my serums in.
- I always use the Iris around my eyes so sometimes it’s just easier to use the Iris instead of the Foreo Luna 3, I have the one for combination skin if anyone was wondering, it’s blue.
- An eye serum that instantly brings new youthful-looking radiance to the delicate eye area. However, I do use both electronic devices daily.
- Yes. I use a serum AND a cream for my eyes.
- Not only does it help with baggy eyes, but it helps get rid of dark circles and it reduces fine lines and wrinkles which is so important to me especially with wearing glasses.
- I don’t know about you all, but since I wear glasses full time, I feel like my eyes need the most TLC of all, especially to keep the under-eye area looking young and firm with reduced fine lines and wrinkles.
Are you noticing a trend in my skincare routine?
- That’s right! My eye cream is also Tatcha’s The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream. An eye cream that fights the signs of aging and melts to release a double shield of hydration with liquid silk and moisture-locking Japanese white peony for instantly youthful-looking, radiant eyes.
- As you may have noticed, I fell in LOVE with Tatcha products, ever since my beauty adviser at Sephora told me about the brand, I became intrigued and I have been using it for several years now and it just works for my skin.
- So yes, a lot of my skincare products are Tatcha products. I am also trying to use up all the products I currently have before I purchase new products I’ve had my eyes on.
- Tatcha’s The Water Cream is by far my favorite moisturizer for oily skin.
- An oil-free, anti-aging water cream that releases a burst of skin-improving Japanese nutrients, powerful botanicals, and optimal hydration for poreless-looking skin.
- It’s lightweight enough to soak into your skin nicely and seal in all the products you just used on your skin.
- I used to order the Water Gel which I loved but Sephora stopped carrying it for some reason, however, Tatcha does have it on their website for those of you who need something a little more lightweight. Feel free to check it out.
Sunscreen or SPF-
THIS STEP IS SO IMPORTANT! *IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THIS POST, PLEASE! PLEASE! USE SPF AND PROTECT YOUR SKIN*
- This step is so important! None of the hard work that you just put into your skin is going to matter if you don’t protect your skin.
- So, please, use SPF, it’s so important and your future self will thank you when you have youthful looking skin for years to come.
- Tatcha’s Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA +++. A weightless, anti-aging sunscreen with broad-spectrum SPF 35 that blends effortlessly and invisibly for matte, poreless-looking skin. By far, my favorite sunscreen. Again, I’ve been using it for a few years now and I absolutely love it. I do wish the SPF was higher but hands down best facial sunscreen I’ve ever used.
- Tatcha’s The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder is a water-activated exfoliant of nourishing Japanese rice bran that transforms to a creamy foam for smooth, polished skin.
- This is my favorite exfoliater because not only does it work so well, but it lasts for such a long time. (This is not to be confused with the exfoliating pads, as this product is more so used once a week rather than daily.)
- I have yet to run out of my first one because the powder is activated by water so you put as much as you need to use, and you don’t need much, and it exfoliates your skin so well. (AND lasts a long time!)
- Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial 25% AHA + 2% BHA Mask is a pro-quality AHA/NHA “facial” that resurfaces skin to visibly reveal greater clarity, improved skin texture and tone, and a more youthful-looking appearance. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this mask!
- I was skeptical at first, I saw people hyping it up and didn’t believe the hype until I saw allure backed it up so I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did! I use this mask once a week and it does exactly what it says it does.
- Think of giving yourself a baby facial, it’s almost like a skin peel, and your skin is nice and exfoliated after you’re done.
- Now I will be honest, if your skin is sensitive, this may not be the mask for you.
- My skin is not TOO sensitive, so I can handle it, but my eyes do get watery, (no I don’t put the product near my eyes, I just have sensitive skin), so I just wanted to throw that out there. Other than that, great product and I absolutely love it!
- Taking care of your skin is so important not just to keep your skin looking youthful but to also build that self-confidence that you deserve. We all deserve to be kind to ourselves and be kind to our skin.
- I will say, I do use a lot of skincare products in my daily skincare routine. There are other products not mentioned that I also add in here and there, for example day/night products, which I may discuss in a later post, but for now I just wanted to share with you my most current skincare routine and how I achieve radiant glowing skin.
- If you’ve gotten this far, thank you so much for reading! That’s all for now!